Below is an abridged list of passenger car and/or light trucks that have been shown to have Safety Recalls 4/18/2016
Your vehicle MAY be involved in a safety recall and MAY create a safety risk for you or your passengers. If left unrepaired, a potential safety defect could lead to injury or even death. Safety defects must be repaired by a dealer at no cost to you.
The following may apply to one or more of your vehicles if your vehicle is listed below. Click on the NHTSA Campaign ID number below to read more about the safety issue and the reason for the recall.
To find out if your specific vehicle is included in the recall, use our VIN Look-up Tool.
- Tesla, third row seat failure during crash
- Ford, side curtain air bag incorrectly installed, may cause injury when it does deploy
- Chevy, manufactured without TPMS sensors
- BMW, air bag may not work during crash Jaguar, fuel tank outlet flange leaks gas, possible fire
- Ford, engine block heater overheats, possible fire
|NHTSA Campaign ID Number :||16V192|
|Manufacturer :||Tesla Motors, Inc.|
|Make / Model Years :||TESLA / 2016|
|Subject :||Third Row Seat may Collapse Under Load|
|NHTSA Campaign ID Number :||16V188|
|Manufacturer :||Ford Motor Company|
|Make / Model Years :||FORD / 2015-2016|
|Subject :||Side Curtain Air Bag Assembly Improperly Installed|
|NHTSA Campaign ID Number :||16V187|
|Manufacturer :||Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC|
|Make / Model Years :||JAGUAR / 2010|
|Subject :||Fuel Tank Outlet Flange may Leak|
|NHTSA Campaign ID Number :||16V184|
|Manufacturer :||General Motors LLC|
|Make / Model Years :||CHEVROLET / 2014-2016
GMC / 2014-2016
|Subject :||Manufactured Without TPMS/FMVSS 138|
|NHTSA Campaign ID Number :||16V183|
|Manufacturer :||Ford Motor Company|
|Make / Model Years :||FORD / 2016
LINCOLN / 2015-2016
|Subject :||Engine Block Heater May Overheat|
|NHTSA Campaign ID Number :||16V173|
|Manufacturer :||BMW of North America, LLC|
|Make / Model Years :||BMW / 2016|
|Subject :||Air Bags may not Deploy due to Residue on Module|
What is a recall?
- When a manufacturer or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) determines that a car or item of motor vehicle equipment creates an unreasonable risk to safety or fails to meet minimum safety standards, the manufacturer is required to fix that car or equipment at no cost to the consumer. That can be done by repairing it, replacing it, offering a refund (for equipment) or, in rare cases, repurchasing the car.
What should I do if my vehicle is included in this recall?
If your vehicle is included in this recall, it is very important that you get it fixed as soon as possible given the potential danger to you and your passengers if it is not addressed. You should receive a separate letter in the mail from the vehicle manufacturer, notifying you of the recall and explaining when the remedy will be available, whom to contact to repair your vehicle or equipment, and to remind you that the repair will be done at no charge to you. If you believe your vehicle is included in the recall, but you do not receive a letter in the mail from the vehicle manufacturer, please call NHTSA’s Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236, or contact your vehicle manufacturer or dealership.Thank you for your attention to this important safety matter and for your commitment to helping save lives on America’s roadways.Additional Resources
Understanding Vehicle Recalls
Northwood Garage handles over 25 brands of tires for your automotive needs.
We proudly provide expert auto repair and tire service to Northwood, Strafford, Nottingham, Epsom, Barrington and Deerfield New Hampshire.