- Your car’s brakes are the most important safety system on the vehicle!
- If you think there is a system problem you should have it checked immediately!
- Here at the Northwood Garage we are brake specialists.
- Our technicians are ASE certified and receive training regularly to stay up to date with the latest in ABS and braking technology.
- We have repair and diagnostic tools that you won’t even find in a dealership.
- We always use top quality brake products, no skimping on brakes allowed!
- That’s why, when your brakes need inspection, repair or diagnosis, we are the ones you can count on to do the job right!
We Talk ABS
- Back in the day, driver’s training included learning how to pump the brake pedal to prevent skidding in slippery driving conditions.
- The ABS computer does that, but faster and better than any human can! Most ABS systems can take control of just one wheel if it’s on a slippery surface during braking.
- Today..Just step on that brake, don’t pump, and steer the car where you need to go!
- Remember ABS systems cannot compensate for driving too fast!
To Fix it Right? Training, Training & Equipment Investment Required!
- To repair today’s braking system you need up to date training, but that training is not effective if you don’t have the high tech tools required to diagnose the problem.
- With the right training and the right tools the repair gets done right the first time.
- We have invested in equipment that no other shops in the area have.
ABS pressure gauge set
- We made the investment, but the dealership had not.
- Training that the technician received made this tool effective in the diagnosis.
- The right training and diagnostic equipment pin pointed the defective ABS unit.
Our Pro Cut computerized on car brake lathe is required equipment by most all new car manufacturers. We own it because we know what it can do for solving those difficult brake pulsation problems. The Pro Cut’s computerized truing system will perfectly match a brake rotor to it’s mounting surface during machining. The results provide a firm brake pedal with smooth stopping power.
Computers to Diagnose Computers
With today’s computerized braking systems no diagnosis can be performed without computers to diagnose the computers.
Below you’ll see just a few of the tools we use to diagnose and repair today’s braking systems.
Northwood Garage… Keeping your car Good to Go!